Request for Proposals
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal for our 14th Annual
Conference, Journey to the Heartland. We want to hear your
ideas, your experiences, and your story – we learn best from one
another. We are excited to be in Kansas City, Missouri, which will
provide us with beautiful backdrop for our Conference.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT email@example.com
- Our 84 concurrent Education Sessions are 90 minutes in length.
do not pre-select the concurrent sessions, so we do not know how many
will be in your session.
of our attendees are here for the first time, and this is true of many
organizations too -- so we want to identify sessions for those who are
very new to culture change. Please check Getting Started on your form if
your proposed session is geared for this level
- The current deadline for proposals is January 24,
and decline letters will be sent by the end of February, early March.
- Reread your Title, Session Description and Objectives before hitting SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL. Do not exceed your word maximums. Make sure your objectives match the content and the description.
- Check your language to support person-centeredness. (Visit The Language of Culture Change)
- Unless you are presenting
hard-core research, then we look for sessions that are interactive. –
and by that we mean more than just a Q & A at the end of your
- Yet, there is a fine line of too much learning
from one another and not enough learning from the experienced Guides who are
facilitating the sessions. They come to hear you as well as learn from
- If your session is about direct care aides
learning team leadership – you should make sure you are bringing staff who can co-present on the content. The same is true if your
proposed session is about a great Resident Council Program; then we would
want to hear from residents.
- Adapt your workshop. Please don't use one whole objective or 30 minutes explaining a definition of culture change or person-centered care. Most of the attendees already have this knowledge. They want to hear the meat of your topic.
Areas of FocusDOWNLOAD
Request for Proposal PDF (for review)
Signature Forms that will need to be faxed when sending in a proposal
Please fax signature forms to
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
**We will not accept any
proposal by mail or