Welcome to Pioneer Network. We are glad you found us. We would like to take a few minutes to tell you who we are and how we came to be pioneers in culture change and person-directed care.
Driving change, inspiring and supporting innovation, creating opportunities for learning
Our Vision: A culture of Aging that’s life-affirming, satisfying, humane and meaningful… that’s what Pioneer Network, a national not-for-profit organization, is all about. We’re working hard to create a culture where elders’ individual voices are solicited and welcomed, heard, and respected. Our primary goal is to move eldercare to a place where all care and support are person-directed, not system-directed… where flexibility and self-determination are embraced and practiced. This concept is known as culture change, and Pioneer Network is recognized as the national leader of this movement.
Pioneer Network was founded in 1997 by a small group of prominent professionals in long-term care who were pioneers in changing the culture of aging. These forward thinkers developed the mission and vision, as well as the values and principles, that continue to guide our work to this day. Today, Pioneer Network is a large, diverse group of passionate individuals from the entire spectrum of aging services. People, like you, who believe in the same ideals as our founders did almost 20 years ago. Most are engaged in some aspect of senior living or long-term care which includes nursing homes, assisted living, and other providers of services and supports for elders. And our generous supporters include people who work, live in, or visit these settings.
Major Pioneer Network activities include:
- Hosting the nation’s leading conference dedicated solely to culture change and person-directed care;
- Monthly Hot Topics: Culture Change in Action webinars and access to on-demand webinars;
- An online store comprised of books, toolkits, DVDs and other culture change and person-directed care resources;
- National symposia focusing on policy issues important to advancing culture change;
- Public policy advocacy including meetings with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, input into nursing home and home and community-based services regulations, and development of policy proposals designed to accelerate culture change.
- Supporting consumers to identify care and services delivered in a manner consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
Pioneer Network embraces a social entrepreneurial philosophy and generates its revenue from conferences, webinars, publications, and honoraria to help cover operating expenses. We welcome foundation and corporate support for new ventures and specific projects.
Pioneer Network’s IRS Form 990 is available upon request.
Download our brochure for additional ways to connect with us.