Awards will be presented during our Virtual Gathering, September 1, 2 and 3. Watch for further information.
Note the new criteria developed to recognize the spirit of this award in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
What is the Community Commitment Award?
- Residents/Elders must be actively involved in the development and implementation of the program
- The program can take place in any level of care community
- The program must in some way be serving the greater community (town, city, state, nation) or the greater good
- The program must have been fully operational for at least six months
- The program was developed in response to the needs to stay connected and support the greater community as identified through the COVID-19 crisis
- The program must incorporate Residents/Elders, demonstrating hands on participation and being a part of program leadership
Note: The following testimonials are required (written or short video, videos do not need to be professionally made):
- Testimonial from a resident who is involved in the program
- Testimonial from a care community staff member
- Testimonial from community partner
- Testimonial of a family member
We encourage you to provide any additional information that will help us to better understand your program. (i.e. photos, brochures, flyers from events).
Videos supporting your application, showing your program in action, are strongly encouraged. They do not need to be professionally made. For tips on creating a short video on your cell phone, click here.
To see an example of a resident testimonial, click here.
For questions pertaining to the form or the process, email Joan Devine, Director of Education at email@example.com